After moving through our recent production The Rape of the Sabine Women, by Grace B. Matthias, and seeing the power of pairing of-the-moment stories with community conversations that address real issues, we are confident that theater can be a catalyst for the type of change we want to see in our community.
We're honored that Emmy® and Tony® Award-winning actor John Lithgow--a long-time Local supporter— is joining us to make Colorado Gives Day on Tuesday, December 5th a success. We produced his one-man show Stories By Heart in 2011, which moves to Broadway in early 2018.
Few know that John is also a painter. He’s generously offered to paint a pet portrait of one lucky donor who schedules a gift of $500 or more before--or on--Colorado Gives Day. Check out the portrait he gave Jimmy Fallon of Jimmy's dog Gary Frick on "The Tonight Show!"
And, the first 50 donors to give $50 or more will get one of our awesome Local trucker hats.
Here's how it works:
- Make a gift to Local Theater Company on the Colorado Gives Day website between November 20 and December 5, 2017 at 11:59pm here.
- The first 50 people to make a gift of $50 or more will receive a Local Theater Company trucker hat (just like the one John is wearing!).
- All donors making a gift of $500 or more will be entered in a random drawing to receive a custom portrait of their pet by Local Theater Company supporter and Emmy® and Tony® Award-winning actor John Lithgow.
- One (1) donor will be selected at random to receive the custom portrait. This offer is limited to one (1) entry per household.
- The donor selected at random to receive the custom pet portrait will send a photo of their pet to Local Theater Company, who will arrange to have the painting created by John Lithgow and shipped to the recipient to their address in the United States.
Thank you for your support of Local Theater Company! Every gift matters as we continue to bring vital stories to the stage and community conversations that work toward positive change.