Company Producer Internship
Local Theater Company has an outstanding opportunity for a student interested in exploring the how and the why of producing theater, including:
- how to produce a successful event that meets company goals with a consistent degree of excellence in all areas.
- how to be an effective communicator, leader and doer.
- why we prep and organize weeks, months, and sometimes years in advance for our programs, plays and events.
- why things go right with proper planning and execution.
This is not a creative internship. This is a unique opportunity for someone who is interested in producing /and project management. Possible long-term career goals would include Producer, Project Manager, or Event Manager. Ideal candidates are polished but have a laid back vibe, are highly motivated and organized in their work, and fluent in Google Suite, Microsoft Word and Excel and file sharing/managing services like Dropbox. They are comfortable taking direction and precise in their execution and follow-up.
This position reports to the Company Producer. It requires two half-days a week in office, plus events, performances, and community outreach as available.
The Company Producer Intern's areas of responsibility include:
- assist in the planning and execution of Locals’ 2017/2018 Season’s plays, community outreach programs, literacy programs and 2018 Lab.
- being the right hand usher / front of house person for select performances.
- attend and assist at key Local events, readings, salons, community nights and parties while engaging in community building and spreading the Local word.
- data and list management.
- maintaining volunteer booking and scheduling for performance and event support.
- record keeping / building the Local archive.
Interested? Send a resume and a two to three paragraph cover letter detailing your career goals, and why you think you’d be a good fit for this internship to Alison Palmer, Company Producer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.